Release Date: September 24th, 2013.
- Prologue (The Beginning) – 1:35
- Turmoil featuring Xenoc – 3:40
- Memories featuring Meital Cohen of Knob and NPC – 7:00
- Blistered featuring Chris Volz of Flaw and Anthony Grisko – 5:50
- Sea of Darkness featuring Richard Bush of The Peace Creeps, Bobby Jasso, Taylor Barefoot, and Bionik – 6:10
- Interlude (The Battle) featuring David Wong, The Electronic Violinist – 0:50
- On The Inside featuring Frank Pino, Jr. of Waltham – 7:20
- Release Me featuring Pete Murray of Lo-Pro, Space Camp Stowaways, and DJ Darkside – 7:00
- Not Today featuring FloatstoneHeart, Esper Fiction, and Kate Wild – 5:25
- Track 2 contains samples from “Turmoil" by Xenoc
- Track 3 contains elements of “A Life in Memory”, a Science Channel documentary.
- Track 7 contains samples from “Ilyena" by The Mars Volta
- Track 5 contains samples from “Karma (Comin’ In For The Kill)" by Bobby Jasso and Frank Gryner
- Aaron Zafran on Track 2
- Dvir André Tzanua and Meital Cohen on Track 3
- Christopher Volz on Track 4
- Frank Pino, Jr. on Track 7
- Pete Murray and Luke Jackson on Track 8
- Michael Leonard and Joshua Spradlin on Track 9
- Nicholas Pavoni on Tracks 1, 5, and 6
- Taylor Barefoot on Electric Guitar on Track 5
- David Wong on Electronic Violin on Track 6
- Jeremy Berghorst on Acoustic/Electric Guitar on Track 8
- Aaron Zafran on Track 2
- Jarad Moloney on Track 3
- Stefon Taylor on Track 5
- Mark Liebrand and Jeremy Berghorst on Track 8
- Joshua Spradlin on Track 9
- Mixing done by Nicholas Pavoni
- Tracks 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9 mastered by Alex Fooks
- Track 3 mastered by Niv Cohen of Knob
- Tracks 5 and 7 mastered by Joshua Steffen
I have been working on this concept album for over five years now and I’m working towards releasing it in the coming months.
It has been such a long and intense journey to get the album complete. At this time it is one hundred percent complete. That’s saying something considering the ups and downs I’ve had with the album such as tracks being lost due to computer and/or program crashes, and artists bowing out due to schedule conflicts, which I both respect and understand.
I have been SO fortune and thankful to work with some of the most talented and hard-working artists I’ve ever met or spoke with either by telephone or through e-mail. They’re so committed to their craft and it inspires me to push myself even harder to make this something worthwhile.
The album is about our main character Turmoil - which is a play-on-words. The story of the album is not about the death of our beloved main character, but it is about the fight and uncertainty that is in all of us when we’re trying to move on when something tragic happens such as the loss of a loved one for example. For some people, it’s almost impossible to escape the thoughts of someone you’ve loved.
The antagonists of the album are The Ghost Within (and his minions), and Melinda (who is unnamed throughout the album), Turmoil’s lost love.
The story goes in and out of the realms of the Reality and Lucid Dreams/nightmares that Turmoil experiences.
The concept summary was written by Joshua Wright and goes as follows:
"Devastated by the love of his life leaving him, Turmoil, finds himself drowning in a cesspool of depression and wanting out of his emotional roller coaster ride. The ghost within haunts his thoughts as he feels his grips on sanity slipping away. The listener gets taken on his journey through madness and back again. Join Turmoil in his process musically, and evolve as he does, and as the music progresses, so will he."
Each of the songs on the album represent a certain emotion and ambience of Turmoil, for example:
Memories - In the first single of the album, Turmoil is seen in a nightmare, unable to escape the thoughts of his significant other. He’s been trapped by all the overflowing and overwhelming memories of her. His only safe haven are those memories.
Release Me - In the second single from the album, We see Turmoil wanting off the roller coaster ride He wants out of this nightmare/reality of being dependent on her, and the focus is put on being healed.
Sea of Darkness - In the third and final
(un)official single from the album, We see Turmoil finally succumbing to sleep from not being able to sleep days before (referenced in Blistered). The Ghost Within now has the reins on Turmoil, and is beginning to bring him into Madness, in the sheer scope of his vivid nightmare.